Amsterdam is a very popular tourist destination, and accomodation in summer is in very high demand. Hotels tend to be fully booked already months in advance. For this reason we strongly recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as you decide to attend TACL 2009.
The organization recommends the following hotels close to the venue of the conference:
- The Asterisk hotel (Den Texstraat 16) is 2.4 km away from the venue and is accessible by tram in about 10 minutes. The price is between 50 and 80 euros per night. We have some special agreement with the Asterisk hotel, so please mention that you are a participant of the TACL conference at the ILLC when you register.
- The Eden Lancaster hotel (Plantage Middenlaan 48) is 3 minutes walking from the conference. The price is between 100 and 110 euros per night.
- The NH Tropen hotel (Linneausstraat 2) is 5 to 10 minutes by walk from the venue. The price is around 125 euros.
- The NH Doelen hotel (Nieuwe Doelenstraat 24) is about 2.3 km away from the venue. The price is between 125 and 145 euros.
For low-budget participants, we also mention the following:
For more information about accommodation in Amsterdam, you can consult the Amsterdam Tourist Board
or online booking sites such as Booking.com
There are also a couple of hostels (with shared dorm).
- There is another Stayokay hostel next to Vondelpark (Stayokay hostel Vondelpark). It is about 2.8 km (Zandpad 5) away from the venue and easily accessible by tram in about 10 minutes. The prices are similar.
For hostels, you may find useful information on www.hostels.com.
Some of the participants may want to consider a couch network to find some free accommodation. We recommend
Finally, if you need any information about common transports, the following website is very useful to plan trips (unfortunately, only in Dutch but it should not be too hard to use).