Amsterdam is a very popular tourist destination, and accomodation is generally in high demand. For this reason we strongly recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as you decide to attend AC2013. The information collected below is also avilable on a Google map.
We have negotiated special deals for participants of the Amsterdam Colloquium and the SemDial Workshop at a number of hotels, which are detailed below. The organization recommends (not personally, but based on good reviews) the following hotels close to the venue of the conference:
- The Asterisk hotel (Den Texstraat 16). The price is between 60 and 110 EUR per night. They offer a special price for SemDial or AC2013 participants who book via their website. To get the discount code, please write to semdial2013 AT gmail.com.
- The Eden Lancaster hotel (Plantage Middenlaan 48). They offer a special price for SemDial/AC2013 participants: 75 EUR per night for single use and 85 EUR for double use (including breakfast and taxes). To get this special price, you have to make your reservation via email (reservations.lancaster AT hampshire-hotels.com) and mention that you're a participant of Semdial or AC2013.
- Hotel Residence Le Coin (Nieuwe Doelenstraat 5). They offer reduced rates to SemDial/AC participants (per room, per night, inc. taxes, exc. breakfast): Standard twin room for 110 EUR (normally 145 EUR), large twin room for 125 EUR (normally 160 EUR), subject to room availability.
- The NH Tropen hotel (Linneausstraat 2). The price is around 150 EUR per night.
- The NH Doelen hotel (Nieuwe Doelenstraat 24). The price is around 170 EUR per night.
For more information about accommodation in Amsterdam, you can consult the Amsterdam Tourist Board or online booking sites such as Booking.com.
There are also a couple of hostels (with shared dorm).
For hostels, you may find useful information on www.hostels.com.